We Feed Uncooked Canine Meals Assessment: Our Expertise with the Minimally Course of
April 21, 2022
This put up is sponsored by We Feed Uncooked. We solely advocate merchandise we all know and love, and all opinions expressed listed here are our personal.
The recognition of uncooked pet food has exploded in recent times. Greater than ever, skilled canine homeowners are displaying choice for the biologically applicable, minimally processed, and nutrition-dense pet food. Many level to the well being advantages of the weight-reduction plan. To call just some, raw-fed canines typically have smaller and firmer stools, more healthy pores and skin and coats, higher digestion, and fewer allergy signs.
Earlier this yr, our long-haired dachshund, Django, had surgical procedure for Intervertebral Disc Illness (IVDD). Along with serving to Django recuperate and embarking on a rigorous bodily remedy program, we (Mike and Steph) additionally examined Django’s weight-reduction plan to see if enhancements could possibly be made.
We have at all times been extremely choosy on the subject of Django’s weight-reduction plan. We solely feed our bushy little sausage canine prime quality and sometimes natural meals. We are likely to favor contemporary canine meals and by no means hesitate to prime his dinner bowl with wild Alaskan salmon, boiled natural hen, half an egg, and even contemporary natural strawberries (his private favourite!).
Most lately, we determined to strive We Feed Uncooked. This firm is without doubt one of the extra respected ones within the uncooked pet food business. It cuts out thriller substances and unpronounceable components and replaces them with simply digestible, human-grade meat. In contrast to different pet food manufacturers whose recipes have countless and sometimes unrecognizable substances, you’ll be able to simply depend and determine all We Feed Uncooked recipe elements.
Right here is an sincere and in-depth evaluate of We Feed Uncooked pet food. All opinions expressed are solely our personal and are based mostly on our private expertise feeding We Feed Uncooked to Django.
WE FEED RAW DISCOUNT CODE:
Uncooked pet food encompasses a variety of substances, however it usually consists of uncooked animal protein (muscle meat and/or organ meats), uncooked eggs, contemporary vegatables and fruits, and legumes. It may be home made, store-bought freeze-dried, or store-bought frozen.
Here’s a full listing of the commonest substances present in uncooked pet food:
- Muscle meat (i.e., beef, hen, turkey)
- Organ meats (i.e., coronary heart, kidneys, or liver)
- Entire or floor bones (i.e., poultry necks and wings)
- Entire fish
- Uncooked eggs
- Dairy (i.e., cottage cheese and plain yogurt)
- Contemporary vegatables and fruits
- Legumes, nuts, and seeds
- Grains (i.e., cornmeal, millet, and rolled oats)
- Alfalfa energy and kelp
- Important vitamin and mineral dietary supplements
For extra details about feeding your canine a uncooked meals weight-reduction plan, click on right here for our Newbie’s Information to Uncooked Canine Meals.
We Feed Uncooked makes biologically-appropriate uncooked canine meals for puppies and grownup canines with human-grade meat. They’re made with roughly 80% muscle meat, 10% organ meat, 10% edible bones, and a vitamin and mineral premix. In contrast to many low tier pet food manufacturers in the marketplace at this time, We Feed Uncooked doesn’t use faux flavors, unnatural coloring, fillers, or preservatives.
We Feed Uncooked gives a wide range of prime quality pet food merchandise together with custom-made meal plans, 5-pound bulk patties, and uncooked canine treats.
WE FEED RAW FOOD SAFETY
All We Feed Uncooked’s recipes are made in a USDA-certified, human-grade kitchen, they usually comply with the BRCGS World Normal for Meals Security. We Feed Uncooked additionally makes use of a excessive water strain know-how referred to as high-pressure processing (HPP) to guarantee their meat is secure. HPP neutralizes E. coli, Listeria, and Salmonella with out destroying vitamins. We Feed Uncooked doesn’t use any chemical compounds, warmth, preservatives, or unnatural components.
WE FEED RAW DOG FOOD SUBSCRIPTION
We Feed Uncooked’s custom-made meal plan is a subscription service. Which means that you join ongoing custom-made pet food deliveries on a month-to-month foundation. Be sure that to get 20% off your first We Feed Uncooked field by getting into promo code DJANGO20 at checkout. In case you want to bypass a subscription plan and order in bulk, it’s also possible to elect to order any of We Feed Uncooked’s six recipes in 5 lb luggage.
In case you are a brand new buyer and order a We Feed Uncooked Trial Field, additionally, you will be enrolling in a month-to-month plan. Except you cancel your We Feed Uncooked subscription earlier than the tip of your trial interval, it’ll mechanically renew.
To cancel your We Feed Uncooked plan, log into your account or ship an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even chat with a customer support consultant at 843-732-2849 or use We Feed Uncooked’s reside chatbox from 8 a.m. to five p.m. EST.
RECIPES AND NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS
We Feed Uncooked has 6 uncooked pet food recipes that have been created by a PH.D. animal nutritionist: hen, duck, turkey, beef, lamb, and venison. We have had the privilege of attempting all of those recipes with Django—extra on Django’s response to We Feed Uncooked under!
All We Feed Raws recipes meet AAFCO’s Canine Meals Nutrient Profiles, together with the expansion of giant-breed puppies (i.e., 70 lbs or extra). They’re roughly 80% muscle meat with connective tissue and fats, 10% organ meat, and 10% edible bone. To make sure correct vitamin, We Feed Uncooked additionally provides a high-quality vitamin and mineral premix to their recipes.
Listed here are the substances, calorie content material, and assured evaluation for every We Feed Uncooked pet food recipe.
QUALITY OF INGREDIENTS
All We Feed Uncooked’s recipes are made with USDA-certified, human-grade meat. USDA certification signifies that strict requirements have been met for processing, labelling, facility sanitation, and slaughtering operations. Listed here are a couple of further information about We Feed Uncooked substances.
- Meaty meat (i.e., muscle meat with connective fats and tissue) and organ meat. We Feed Uncooked’s beef, hen, turkey, and duck comes from farms within the U.S. The hen, duck, and turkey are conventionally raised, and the cows are grass-fed. We Feed Uncooked’s lamb and venison are sourced from New Zealand. They’re pasture-raised, grass-fed, and grass-finished (i.e., they eat grass their entire life).
- Uncooked meaty bones. We Feed Uncooked makes use of turkey necks of their Turkey Recipe. For the Beef, Lamb, and Venison Recipes, they use beef necks. The uncooked pet food firm additionally makes use of duck necks of their Duck Recipes and hen necks of their Rooster Recipes.
- Vitamin/mineral premix. We Feed Uncooked’s vitamin and mineral premix is sourced and made in the USA.
We Feed Uncooked bins are shipped on to your door and embody individually, vacuum-sealed meal plan packets. For an instance of what a meal plan packet appears to be like like, merely consult with the photograph above of Django’s Rooster Patty recipe packet.
Meals are shipped frozen in insulated and biodegradable packaging. The quantity of uncooked meals in every meal plan packet is predicated in your canine’s weight, power stage, and physique situation. For reference, our 6-year-old dachshund Django is 13 kilos, and his exercise is at the moment restricted as a result of he’s recovering from IVDD surgical procedure. His meal plan packets are at the moment 6 ounces in weight. That is sufficient meals for 1 day—3 ounces for breakfast and three ounces for dinner.
Our We Feed Uncooked meals has at all times arrived frozen strong and in excellent situation. Upon receiving our We Feed Uncooked supply, Mike and I merely switch Django’s meal packets straight into the freezer. Because the photograph reveals above, Django’s 6 ounce meal packets are small sufficient to slot in an ordinary cereal bowl. This makes them very simple to stack and retailer within the freezer. We do not have to fret about huge frozen pet food containers that hardly slot in our freezer!
Since the meal packets are pre-portioned, they solely want about 12 hours within the fridge to defrost. This implies we merely have to put one new meal packet within the fridge the night time earlier than it’s for use. By morning, the meal packet is thawed and able to be devoured by Django.
Along with the meals, every field of We Feed Uncooked contains feeding directions tailor-made to your canine in addition to a reusable silicone container and lid to retailer refrigerated meals.
Though Django can not describe with phrases how he feels about We Feed Uncooked, his actions communicate fairly loudly…. Django flips out each time we lower open a We Feed Uncooked meal packet! He shrieks excitedly, spins round, and tries to leap up at us whereas we’re making ready his meal. Primarily based on his habits and ridiculous high-pitched sausage canine screams, you would suppose that we hadn’t fed Django in weeks!
If I needed to guess, it’s the aroma of the prime quality and uncooked animal protein that will get Django so excited. The one different occasions Django will get this crazed over meals is after we are about to offer him freshly cooked hen or contemporary strawberries. Curiously sufficient, We Feed Uncooked meals doesn’t have a discernible odor to people. The uncooked pet food’s scent is pleasantly delicate and unnoticeable. Clearly, Django’s sturdy dachshund nostril tells him in any other case!
Since Django continues to be in restoration and rehab mode after his IVDD surgical procedure, Mike and I really grew involved Django would possibly re-injure himself with all of this pleasure over We Feed Uncooked! To make sure Django stays secure and does not hinder his restoration, we have lately been retaining him in his crate whereas making ready his morning and night meals. Maintaining Django contained for this quick time frame prevents him from working across the kitchen like a mad man, leaping up on us, and re-harming his delicate again.
So to sum up Django’s suggestions and expertise together with his new uncooked pet food… he completely loves We Feed Uncooked!
Right here is learn how to order your first We Feed Uncooked trial field:
- Step 1: Go to We Feed Uncooked’s web site. In case you are on a private laptop, you’ll be able to click on the accessibility icon — the determine with outstretched legs and arms in a circle. Positioned underneath the Create Your Meal Plan button, it permits you to change distinction (i.e., hi-con, desaturate, and invert), improve textual content dimension, and regulate the font (sans serif, serif, and dyslexic).
- Step 2: Choose the Create Your Meal Plan button. Then full your pup’s profile (i.e., title, age, gender, breed, physique situation, exercise stage, and protein allergy symptoms).
- Step 3: Enter your e mail handle, and verify the “I comply with the Phrases & Circumstances” field. Then click on the Construct Their Excellent Plan button.
- Step 4: Decide your pooch’s recipes: hen, turkey, duck, beef, lamb, and/or venison. You can even order bulk uncooked pet food patties in 5 lb increments.
- Step 5: Do you need to combine your uncooked pet meals with high-quality dry pet food and/or contemporary pet food? Tick the “I shall be supplementing my pet`s We Feed Uncooked meals with different meals” field.
- Step 6: Then choose whether or not you need to use We Feed Uncooked as an entire meal (i.e., 100% We Feed Uncooked ) or a pet food mixer (i.e., 75% or 50% We Feed Uncooked). In contrast to different contemporary pet food manufacturers we now have coated, We Feed Uncooked doesn’t have a “Three-Quarter Plan” or “Half Plan” for small canine breeds (i.e., 10 lbs or much less). The uncooked pet food model additionally doesn’t provide a “Half Plan” for canines underneath 20 lbs.
- Step 7: Click on the Checkout button and enter We Feed Uncooked promo code DJANGO20 for 20% off your first field. Enter your private data (i.e., title, password, e mail handle, telephone quantity, and billing/delivery handle). Then enter your debit and/or bank card data. We Feed Uncooked accepts American Categorical, Uncover, Mastercard, PayPal, and Visa.
We Feed Uncooked’s value depends upon your canine’s dimension, exercise stage, and aim weight. It’s also based mostly on which uncooked pet food recipes you feed him. Rooster, lamb, venison, and duck price greater than turkey and beef. The price can be linked as to whether you utilize We Feed Uncooked as a pet food topper, a pet food mix-in, or the principle meal.
For instance functions solely, we priced out meal plans for 4 totally different canine breeds. They embody a 10-lb miniature pinscher, a 20-lb French bulldog, a 40-lb English bulldog, and a 60-lb customary poodle. The meal plans are based mostly on a diverse protein collection of hen, beef, turkey, and lamb. Every canine used for our pricing evaluation is 6 years outdated, neutered, in supreme form (not obese or underweight), reasonably lively (i.e., one hour stroll per day with further play periods on the weekends), and with out protein allergy symptoms.
HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING?
We Feed Uncooked’s customized meal plans and 5-pound bulk patties are cold-shipped free of charge to the decrease 48 states.
To learn how typically you’re going to get deliveries, go to We Feed Uncooked’s Begin Meal Plan web page. Upon getting signed up for a subscription, you’ll be able to change your handle, skip a field, or rotate your canine’s recipes within the My Account part.
1. IS WE FEED RAW A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY?
We Feed Uncooked has an A+ score with the Higher Enterprise Bureau. As of April 2022, the uncooked pet food firm additionally has a 4.7-star score on Trustpilot.
2. HAS WE FEED RAW EVER BEEN RECALLED?
The U.S. Meals and Drug Administration has by no means recalled any of We Feed Uncooked’s custom-made meal plans, 5-pound bulk patties, and/or uncooked canine treats.
3. WHO DEVELOPED WE FEED RAW’S DOG FOOD RECIPES?
We Feed Uncooked’s pet food recipes have been created by a Ph.D. animal nutritionist with greater than 30 years of expertise in canine vitamin and uncooked feeding.
4. HOW LONG DOES WE FEED RAW AND STAY FRESH AFTER BEING DELIVERED?
Of their authentic packaging, We Feed Uncooked’s custom-made meals and 5-pound bulk patties will hold in your freezer for as much as 6 months. The meal plan packets take roughly 12 hours to thaw whereas the majority patties thaw in roughly 24 hours. As soon as your canine’s uncooked meals is thawed, it’ll solely keep contemporary in your fridge for as much as 4 days.
5. WHAT IS WE FEED RAW’S RETURN POLICY?
We Feed Uncooked’s minimally processed uncooked pet food is perishable. To forestall meals poisoning, exchanges and returns will not be allowed. However the South Carolina-based firm might refund or substitute any misplaced bins if they’re attributable to a third-party service like UPS. In case you transfer and don’t present We Feed Uncooked with a change of handle, they won’t refund and/or substitute your order. To request a return and/or alternative, e mail at email@example.com or name 843-732-2849 inside 30 days of buy.
6. IS MIXING RAW DOG FOOD WITH DRY DOG FOOD SAFE?
Sure, it’s secure to combine uncooked pet food with kibble. Bacterial adjustments in your canine’s intestine may cause diarrhea. They’re extra more likely to occur while you dramatically change his weight-reduction plan, not while you feed him a steady combo of high-quality dry and uncooked pet food.
“Individuals do it on a regular basis, continuous; sushi tonight, Italian tomorrow, a Huge Mac the day after,” says We Feed Uncooked’s Ph.D. animal nutritionist. “And all animals within the wild dine on a smorgasbord. They eat what they will after they can, and their metabolic equipment is perfected by thousands and thousands of years of evolution to thrive on selection simply fantastic.”
7. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RAW MEATY BONES AND RECREATIONAL BONES?
Uncooked Meaty Bones are versatile and simple for canines to crunch and tear. Uncooked beef, hen, lamb, and turkey bones are excessive in calcium. It not solely strengthens your pup’s bones however helps his muscle mass contract.
Uncooked meaty bones present psychological stimulation and improve a cheerful hormone referred to as serotonin. (The human equal is fixing a jigsaw puzzle whereas brushing your tooth.) Uncooked meaty bones are additionally like “Nature’s toothbrush” as a result of they take away plaque and tartar out of your canine’s tooth. Whereas uncooked meaty bones are secure on your canine companion, cooked bones are very harmful. That’s as a result of they will splinter and get caught in his throat. With that mentioned, watch your canine whereas he’s chewing a uncooked meaty bone, and throw it away as soon as the meat is gone.
8. WHY IS MY DOG DRINKING LESS WATER AFTER EATING WE FEED RAW?
All We Feed Uncooked’s recipes are low in sodium and have greater than 68% moisture. Which means your canine is getting the water he wants from his minimally-processed uncooked meals. Kibble is about 10% water, so canines on a dry weight-reduction plan might want to drink 1/8 of a cup of water per pound of body weight day-after-day.
9. WILL MY DOG GO THROUGH DETOX AFTER STARTING WE FEED RAW?
Your canine would possibly undergo detox while you swap him from canned moist meals and/or kibble to We Feed Uncooked. This implies his physique is eradicating impurities and toxins because it adjusts to getting correct vitamins. Sadly, detox may cause unhealthy breath, itchy pores and skin, diarrhea, and/or vomiting. Relying in your pup’s age, immune system well being, and the way lengthy he has been fed low-quality pet food, detox can final days, weeks, and even months.
10. MY DOG IS POOPING LESS, AND IT IS WHITE. IS THAT NORMAL?
Your canine has a shorter digestive tract and abdomen acid that’s 10 occasions stronger than yours. The explanation he’s pooping much less is that uncooked pet food is 90% digestible.
If his poop is white and grey or dry and crumbly, it’s most definitely as a result of We Feed Uncooked accommodates finely floor, edible poultry/beef bones.
11. WHY IS MY DOG’S POOP ENCASED IN MUCUS AFTER SWITCHING TO RAW FOOD?
Mucus is made by your canine’s intestines and retains the liner of his colon moist and lubricated. So it’s regular to see a small quantity of this slimy, jelly-like substance in his poop. Whenever you first swap your canine to We Feed Uncooked, his stool could also be surrounded by a shiny mucus-like casing. This normally means his digestive tract is eliminating the junk in his system. Although mucus-covered poop will also be attributable to polyps, autoimmune problems, parasites, cancers, and parvovirus.
- In 2009, Alissa Zalneraitis and her future husband, Wealthy Reel IV, based We Feed Uncooked. As a canine proprietor and foster mother or father, Alissa needed to feed “the world’s friendliest wolfpack” the healthiest uncooked pet food.
- Alissa and Wealthy (a former sushi chef) initially ran their uncooked pet food enterprise of their storage. It was filled with 500-pound chest freezers.
- Tragically, simply as We Feed Uncooked was taking off, Alissa was recognized with terminal most cancers. The 34-year-old continued working till the week she died, simply 2 days earlier than Christmas in 2014. Right this moment, Alissa’s household carries on her legacy: “We love canines, so we feed them effectively.”
- We Feed Uncooked’s coolers are additionally biodegradable, compostable, and eco-friendly. Whenever you run them underneath chilly water, they disappear inside minutes.
- We Feed Uncooked posts uncooked canine deal with recipes like Peanut Puppet Pooch Cake on their Fb and Instagram pages.
Remember to make use of We Feed Uncooked promo code DJANGO20 for 20% OFF your first field!
Questions? Feedback? Do you may have an expertise with We Feed Uncooked that you simply’d wish to share with our canine loving neighborhood? Please let a remark under. We would love to listen to from you!
Depart a remark
Feedback shall be accepted earlier than displaying up.