Skip to content
Home » Tiny Eco-Pleasant Houses Are Good for Digital Detox

Tiny Eco-Pleasant Houses Are Good for Digital Detox


Arsh Bansal, a Bengaluru-based architect and entrepreneur launched Tenpy, a sluggish journey startup that builds tiny properties on the outskirts of town, utilizing sustainable supplies.

A sequence of tiny properties on the outskirts of town amidst the plush inexperienced cowl would possibly sound like an outline from certainly one of your favorite fables however it’s in actual fact made actual by Arsh Bansal, a Bengaluru-based architect and entrepreneur.

Rising up within the hills of Mussoorie, when Arsh moved to town, he missed the greenery and the sight of the hills. He additionally observed how individuals who reside within the metropolis crave for staying amidst nature. This statement made him provide you with the concept of Tenpy, a journey startup that builds tiny properties in Karnataka.

The title “Tenpy” is a mixture of two phrases: “tent”, which highlights temporariness, and “cover” for permanence.”

He made the primary two glass-roof cabins out of transport containers to let the company expertise nature up shut. These eco-friendly tiny properties are an effort to mix wanderlust with sustainability providing a soulful expertise proper in the midst of the forest.

These tiny properties have all the essential facilities like dwelling house, bathrooms, mattress house and a kitchenette.

Curiously, he named the homes after famend authors or books. His first mission ‘Rusty’ is called after Ruskin Bond’s e-book Rusty Runs Away. Apart from, tiny properties encourage digital detoxing by offering areas with out WiFi or TVs.

After constructing tiny homes out of transport containers, additionally they experimented with sure different domestically out there, sustainable in addition to prefabricated buildings and supplies to construct the homes. These sustainable homestays are nearly 70 per cent moveable apart from the remaining 30 per cent the place brick and cement had been used.

Presently, they’ve six properties, and they’re increasing their enterprise to Maharashtra. 

Watch what goes into making these eco-friendly properties:

Edited by Yoshita Rao

We at The Higher India wish to showcase all the things that’s working on this nation. Through the use of the ability of constructive journalism, we wish to change India – one story at a time. When you learn us, like us and wish this optimistic motion to develop, then do take into account supporting us by way of the next buttons.

Please learn these FAQs earlier than contributing.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *